Sunday, November 21, 2010

Habs 2, Leafs 0

Despite Leafs losing and not scoring it was a pretty exciting game. Jonas Gustavsson looked great between the pipes for your Maple Leafs. Jonas has a goalie's best natural asset - he's sizeable (6-3) which helps any gardien go post to post. I still reminisce about my visits to the old Forum as a kid but the atmosphere is also great at Centre Bell - still feels like center of the hockey universe (along with Hogtown). The Habitent were predictably upset with me wearing my vintage Bruce Gamble jersey.

In any event, our whirlwind visit to Montreal was fantastic and over I.P.A.'s at Brutopia, Amber and I decided we should make this an annual event - if we can swing the do-re-mi (not sure what ducats typically cost these days for Saturday night Leafs-Habs on stubhub)?  Rue Cresent was jumping as usual in addition to Brutopia we also hit Thursday's and Churchill's before closing things down with risotto at Wienstein & Gavino’s

No comments:

Post a Comment